Chimney is an internationally leading creation agency delivering world-class, audience-engaging content. Since 1996, we have received recognition from the Academy (Oscars), BAFTA, Cannes Lions, Palme d’Or, Sundance, Berlinale and Promax-BDA, among others. We have also been commended for our communication solutions for the world’s most recognized brands. We are a dynamic and entrepreneurial owner-led business.
Our services include concept development, production, post production and digital delivery/distribution. The group has 11 offices in eight countries (Stockholm (HQ), Malmö, Gothenburg, Helsinki, Warsaw, Berlin, Basel, Los Angeles, New York, Sydney and Singapore employing upwards of 300 dedicated professionals.
Within the group, we work with feature films, television commercials, event films, web and mobile films/campaigns, internal communications, corporate and employer branding movies, as well as all types of content for agencies and brand owners.
The following outline is for the IT Systems Administrator who will cover our Los Angeles and New York operations.
- Support and maintain infrastructure including: storage, network, servers and workstations.
- Provide high-level technical support with troubleshooting and solutions.
- Perform in the following technical areas
- Systems installation, configuration and operation.
- Core network service (AD, DNS, Firewall, etc.) installation and administration.
- Hardware integration and deployment.
- Software installation (Autodesk, Foundry, Solid Angle, Thinkbox, Avid, Adobe, etc) as well as Networking (CLI configuration, VLANs)
- Security (MPAA compliance)
- Render farm (local and cloud)
- Virtualized servers (VMware)
- Interoffice connectivity (remote grade, Media shuttle, etc)
- Work with our support and ticket system to solve reported issues (Zendesk).
- Accurately document actions taken in our ticket system and create/update knowledge base articles.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of investments in technology.
- Be responsible for developing and executing project plans.
- Establish and maintain regular communications with executives, department heads, and end-users regarding IT activities.
- Manage and troubleshoot hardware and software issues on user workstations running Linux, Mac, and Windows operating systems.
- Support render farms and storage, including virtual servers.
- Deploy new hardware and software.
- Maintain relationships and communication with our suppliers.
Skills and experiences
- Prior experience in systems administration or systems engineering, preferably within digital post production.
- A concrete knowledge of all technical aspects of networking and computers – Linux (RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu), Mac OS X, Windows and VMware.
- A comprehensive understanding of servers, networking, switches, routers, data backup and data storage.
- Basic programming and scripting skills.
- Comfortable juggling and shifting priorities.
- Great project management skills, with a strong ability to define future technical needs and manage through sign-off and implementation.
- Positive can-do attitude combined with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills when corresponding with management, employees, clients and suppliers (both written & verbal).
- An outgoing personality, inquisitive, and a natural troubleshooter.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies as required.
- Ability to solve problems unsupervised and recommend proactive technical solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Flexible attitude, willing to adapt to fluctuating plans.
- Experience working in Film, TV, and/or post-production industry would be a plus.
Chimney has a strong company culture built around our core values;
We look for and value the following traits in all employees:
- Enjoys responsibility but also teamwork
- Hard worker
- Motivating and social