ABOUT CHIMNEY VIGOR GROUP
Chimney Vigor Group (CVG) is a global, full-service award-winning Creation Studio, independently partner-owned by 30 co-workers, and specializing in communications, production, entertainment and MarTech. Think of us as an advertising and social media agency, production and tech company — all rolled into one.
For over 20 years we have crafted award-winning stories (Oscar, BAFTA, Cannes Lion, Palme d’Or, Sundance, Berlinale, PromaxBDA) and delivered marketing and communications solutions for the world’s most recognized brands.
With offices in cities worldwide – San Diego, Los Angeles, New York, Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmo, Helsinki, Warsaw, Berlin, Shanghai, Singapore and Seoul – our 400+ world-class talent bring diverse insight and craftsmanship to any given project, working in integrated workflows and using a powerful platform to interact with both local and multinational clients in order to deliver smart, cost-efficient and truly useful solutions, including production, live events, media buying, distribution, performance analytics and strategy.
We believe in a world full of amazing experiences. Join us.
Chimney has an opening in Stockholm! We are looking for an experienced Nuke compositor to join our dynamic creative team of VFX artists. The Nuke Compositor/Supervisor is a leadership role at the Stockholm office focusing primarily on commercials. An ideal candidate would be a creative person with a passion for visual effects inspiring each artist to take their work to the next level. You will be responsible for a team of VFX artists on commercial projects, from the initial meetings & bidding to shot production. You’ll work on assigning tasks and leading artists to meet the clients vision within the time requirements of production.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our production managers as the go-to person on commercial projects at the VFX department and help out with pitches & breakdowns to win new jobs
- Collaborate with VFX Producers to plan, schedule and manage the workflow in order to meet deadlines
- Design VFX shots in collaboration with the director and VFX team and provide guidance and visual references for artists
- Work as a high level compositor of photorealistic VFX on primarily commercial projects but also support the team on other shows
- Communicate with clients, artists, and management, guiding shots from initial concepts through final delivery within the schedule & budget
- Inspire and lead a team of VFX artists to push the level of the shots meeting the Chimney standard
- Participating in the teams progress providing artistic and technical guidance and feedback on shots in shot production
- Lead and communicate with external vendors
- On-set supervision including collection of required data for VFX
What you need
- Strong Nuke Compositor skills with a minimum of 5 years of experience creating high end visual effects in a VFX pipeline
- Comfort working closely with clients and the team contributing to and pushing the quality of the work to exceed expectations
- Strong creative and technical abilities with an artistic eye and a close attention to detail
- Deep and full understanding of the entire visual effects process
- Ability to take direction, stay calm and focused under tight deadlines and lead the rest of the team in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide direction and constructive feedback to the team
- Bonus for: Experience of working in Shotgun, On-set VFX Supervision experience, Knowledge of Mocha, PFtrack, Flame or Python
who you are
- Driven, efficient and organised with a strong sense of client service
- A creative problem solver with a humble attitude and excellent communication skills who is seeking to grow quickly as a leader within the team
- A flexible team player with great communication skills that enjoys working with other artists & clients
- Proactive. Anticipating obstacles in production and guiding the team through those challenges
Start date is 01/09/2020
Applications are continuously reviewed and the position may be filled sooner than the application deadline date.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: FIRST NAME_SURNAME – Lead Nuke Artist